A says, “We had a letter from the council saying we’ve got to pay bedroom tax.” When I asked why, they said it’s because there’s two of us in a two-bedroom house. My husband, who’s disabled, is 61, but apparently you’ve got to be 61-and-a-half to be exempt. So we’ve got to pay for 5 months. We’ve been in our home for 35 years and the spare room used to be our daughter’s and then it was our grandson’s. The bedroom tax is going to cost us £48 per month. We rely on Disability Living Allowance and Employment and Support Allowance, so we don’t have much money. That £48 has to come from what we call our ‘treat money’. We don’t drink or smoke, so it’d be for things like a chance to pop to the cinema or get out once in a while. Without it, we can’t afford to do anything like that.”

Source: http://figr.es/s089